Sunday, June 12, 2016

Day 10 - Lone Pine to Quincy 339miles, 546km

Up early and on the road to beat the heat and any traffic. Lots of amazing scenery along the way with multiple changes in climate as we drove. Weather was quite hot as we are skirting Death Valley desert area, so I had the chance to use my home built seat cooler again! It worked amazingly well, keeping the water cool for most of the day, and providing me with cooling relief on my back. I also used this yesterday, and it pays off in the long haul as it kept me from overheating.  We took the 395 North and then cut over to 89 and went on the West side of Lake Tahoe, after gassing and eating in South Tahoe Here are a few pictures of the trip up..


 Some pretty dramatic sky along the way, but no rain just lots of wind and varying temperatures.



 At this point around Lake Tahoe, we had water on both sides of the road, and it was way down there!


 Near the northwest end of the lake..








We stayed at the Lariot Lodge again, nothing much changed at this motel for 40 years.. except the took down the sign of the cowboy lassoing and replaced with a new modern one.  No frogs in the shower this trip. Bill the owner is still here and it's the first time I have seen him without a Hawaiian shirt on.  He said his wife shrunk them, be she said he has outgrown them with his beer belly!


1 comment: