Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day 7 - MMW2016 Autocross and Funkhana - and repairs!

Well I did not get to run the autocross of funkhana as I was busy trying to fix the car. At the end of the car show, the car fired up and then after 5 feet abruptly stalled and would not restart.. it appeared the fuel pump was not running.After  1/2 hr of fussing about, we decided we had to get the car back to the hotel t work on.... Graham and Barry frmHeritasge Motors threw the car on a trailer, and Nick Upton from 7 Enterprises put the mini vtec trailer into his 30 foot trailer, and we dropped them off at the hotel, where I figured out I needed a new PGMI fuel relay.  Spank connected me with his local British car shop, who ordered the part for me but could not pick it up until the next morning as by now it was late afternoon.

Randy Johnson drove me to pick up the part in the morning and back to the hotel to plug it in.. well symptoms changed but no starting was to be had. :(  After another 2 hours of diagnosis with Rick Higgs and Randy I figured I needed an ECU.  By now it was lunch time so Randy and I headed out to the track in his Woody Wagon, where after eating, Steve Alexander pulled the ECU out of his car so I could test my theory.. Terry and Linda Hogan drove me back and with the ECU from Steve it fired right up.. so back to the track, where Nick Upton was able to find a local wrecker about 18 miles away with an ECU.. a quick drive with the Hogans, then back to the hotel and the car was purring like a tiger!

Thanks to everyone at the meet for all the help!

Some shots of the autocross, funkhana and the repairs..









No comments:

Post a Comment